Headphones are essential for most people now and they’re the perfect companion to train rides, jogs, and even chores around the house. But headphones are great to use for sleeping as well.
For those who suffer from insomnia or have trouble falling asleep, headphones are a great help since they block out noise and allow you to fall asleep to calming sounds.
However, it goes without saying that you can’t wear any headphones and go to sleep. You need to make sure that you buy the proper kind, which doesn’t interfere with how you sleep.
If you want some help, check out our buying guide for the best headphones for sleeping below!
How To Buy The Best Sleeping Headphones?
If you want to buy the perfect pair of sleeping headphones for yourself, you’ll have to be conscious of the following factors.
- Comfort – The first thing that you must look for in a pair of headphones is comfort. Since you’ll be wearing them to sleep, your headphones need to be comfy and not hurt or pinch your ears even if you wear them for a long period of time. So, unlike regular headphones which often feel restrictive after a long time, sleeping headphones should be comfortable regardless of how long you wear them.
- Noise Cancellation – Sleeping headphones aren’t effective if they aren’t noise canceling. For those who live in the city, the constant murmur of people and the honking of vehicles can be a real barrier to sleep and one of the primary things that can help are noise-canceling headphones. However, most gadgets don’t really cancel noise despite advertising it as such. So it’s crucial that you try them out first.
- Type – Headphones are available in a variety of designs and models, especially those meant for sleeping. You have over the ear headphones, on-ear, and in-ear headphones as well as sleeping headbands with attached listening devices. Depending on how you sleep, and what feels comfortable for you, choose the type. For instance, if you sleep on your side, headbands would be better than on-ear headphones.
- Price – Of course, you cannot forget the price, and more importantly, your budget. Now there is a chance that sleeping headphones are costlier than average due to specialized technology. But it doesn’t mean that you’ll have to spend excessively. Make sure that you assess the product you desire properly and stick to your budget.
Top 3 Headphones for Sleeping
Now that you know how to choose your headphones, here are our top three picks for the best sleeping headphones.
- Joseche Sleeping Mask
The top pick on our list is the Joseche sleeping mask headphones, which are Bluetooth enabled. Not only are they noise canceling, but they are also perfect for those who tend to sleep on their side and hence, cannot wear on-ear headphones. The battery life on this is great, and it lasts for a long time even with a single charge. They’re also washable! All you have to do is take out the speakers. Best of all is that they’re really affordable. So you don’t have to break your bank.
- Bose Quiet Comfort
If you want the perfect combination of noise cancellation and comfort, the Bose Quiet Comfort is the perfect gadget. Now, they are pricier than average but their quality is one of a kind. The noise cancellation technology on this is outstanding, and it comes with three earbud sizes to ensure a glove-like fit. It also comes with a handy case, which will let you carry your headphones everywhere, without the risk of damage.
- Panasonic Clip-on earphones
The third choice on our list is the Panasonic Clip-on Earphones, whose slim design prevents your ears from getting hurt. The cushioning is great and keeps your ear warm and comfortable all night long. Another great thing about them is their long cable, which means even if you toss and turn, your wires won’t get tangled up. It’s a great option at an affordable price.